Thomas Embling Hospital forensic mental health services expansion
The Thomas Embling Hospital is the leading specialist provider of secure forensic mental health services in Victoria.
This purpose-built secure facility provides advanced clinical treatment for patients within the criminal justice system who are either transferred from prison or ordered by the courts to be detained for psychiatric assessment and care.
The Thomas Embling Hospital provides treatment and programs for:
- forensic patients found not guilty or unfit to be tried under the Crimes Act
- prisoners that require compulsory mental health treatment under the Mental Health Act
- civil patients of area mental health services unable to be managed in the community, who require compulsory treatment in a secure environment.
Address201 Yarra Bend Rd
Fairfield, Victoria, 3078
- CONSTRUCTION COMMENCED
- SECURE PSYCHIATRIC ICU COMPLETED
- 10-BED EXPANSION COMPLETED
- SPECIALISED WOMEN’S UNIT COMPLETED
- 1 IN 3PRISONERS SUFFER MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES
- 8-BEDSECURE PSYCHIATRIC ICU
- 10ADDITIONAL BEDS ACROSS WARDS
- 2NEW SECURE WOMEN'S BEDS
Programs Filter By :